This quick and easy Mushroom Cheddar Soup recipe makes a great dinner side item on a cold night, and when you use Arps Dairy’s Farm Fresh White Milk, the extra farm fresh cream helps give the soup an extra richness that brings back memories of grandma’s kitchen.
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||SERVINGS|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||Makes 9|
- Sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup yellow onion, peeled, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups Arps Dairy’s Farm Fresh White Milk (for extra richness)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large sauce pan, sauté mushrooms, onion, and garlic in vegetable oil over medium heat, for 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add butter to pan and melt over medium heat; add flour, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes or until incorporated.
- Gradually add chicken broth and Arps Dairy’s Farm Fresh White Milk, stirring until incorporated; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer over medium-low heat; cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until soup is thickened.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and simmer for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Tip: Soup can be made up to one day in advance, and reheated